Transportation is available for medical appointments and any necessary travel.
Here are some examples of how Senior Support Services’ (CPHC) Transportation Program can assist you:
- Getting to a medical, dental, or eye appointment
- To do banking or grocery shopping
- To visit a family member/friend at a hospital or nursing home
- Attending a place of worship
- Getting to appointments in the winter months, even if you still have a driver’s license
- Getting to appointments you are worried about, or that you are nervous about driving to, even if you still have a driver’s license
Varies based on travel distance, but mileage is paid at 45 cents/km.
- $ 8.00 round-trip for one stop within Brockville (ex. from Windsor Dr. to Metro and back home)
- $81.60 round-trip for one stop in Kingston (ex. from Brockville to Kingston General Hospital and back home)
- $102.60 round-trip for one stop in Ottawa (ex. from Brockville to the Ottawa Heart Institute and back home)