Classes break for the summers months. Please contact Kim Ducharme at 613-342-3693 ext. 2303 to register for the Fall Classes AFTER August 20, 2023.
Different senior’s exercise classes include:
- Seniors Exercise – Moderate to high tempo exercise
- Gentle Fit – Gentler exercises with modifications i.e. chair exercise
- Fall Prevention – 12 week certification course that includes education about fall prevention and exercises focused on improving balance; planned and supervised by a Registered Health Care professional
- Nordik Pole Walking Groups
- Stroke Survivor Exercise
- Parkinson’s Exercise
- Virtual Exercise Classes – via ZOOM from the participant’s home
These programs are designed to help seniors to:
- Increase Energy
- Improve Balance
- Maintain a Healthy Heart
- Remain Independent and On Your Feel
- Improve Strength & Balance
- Learn the risk of falls and tips to prevent falls
Instructors are certified and in good standing with the CCAA – Canadian Council for Activity and Aging through Western University. Instructors must also be current in First Aid and CPR Certifications.
Classes are scheduled at locations throughout Lanark, Leeds & Grenville. All classes are 1-hour and run once weekly at minimum. Classes typically run from September to May and break for the summer, with a few exceptions. All participants must pre-register.
Registration is on a first come first serve basis. For more information about classes in your area, or to register, please call: