As your provider for Community Support Services, Senior Support Services (CPHC) staff are bound by law and ethics to safeguard your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information.
- Collecting only the information that may be necessary for your care;
- Keeping accurate and up-to-date records;
- Safeguarding your personal information in our possession;
- Sharing information with other healthcare providers and organizations on a ‘need to know’ basis where required for your support/health care;
- Disclosing information to third parties only with your express consent, or when necessary for legal reasons; and
- Retaining/destroying records in accordance with the law.
Your request for care from Senior Support Services (CPHC) implies consent for our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information for purposes related to your care/service. As noted above, other purposes require your expressed consent.
You have the right to see your records. You may also obtain copies of your records/files. Please speak to your Coordinator if you have concerns about the accuracy of your records.
*If your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction by our office, you may wish to contact the Information & Privacy Commissioner of Ontario at: 416-326-3333 or 1-800-387-0073